Monday 8 February 2010

Oats Dosa

S's mom is diabetic and the doctor has warned her to quit eating rice, or else. So I started hunting for recipes with absolutely no rice. She prefers Dosa/Idli. So I focused on those dishes. I came accross 2 recipes that seemed interesting. One was an Oats Dosa and another was Oats Idli. I tried the Oats dosa and it was actually yummy. So, here's the recipe.

Oats: 1 cup
Wheat Flour: 1cup
Semolina/Rava: 3/4 cup
Salt: To Taste
Red Chilli Powder: 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek Powder: 1 tsp (optional)
Hing/Perungayam/Kayam: a generous dose.

1) Put the oats into your mixer and grind it to a powder. Do not add any water.
2) Take this oats powder into a mixing bowl, add the wheat flour and every other ingredient and mix well.
3) Make sure it is not lumpy.
4) Make Dosas as you normally would. It is really tasty.

Note: I avoided adding mustard, green chilli etc because it has oil. You can add them if you don't mind the oil.
The Original Source is Veg Inspirations- A blog which I follow regularly and is on the right side of this page. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment