Tuesday 9 February 2010

Vanilla Butter Cookies


I like cookies. But I like them when they are freshly baked and not from packets. And I like them when they dont have any eggs in them. I usually make these cookies when I have the time, and they are almost always perfect. Here's my recipe:

Flour: 225 grams/ 1 & a 3/4 of a cup
Butter: 125 Grams/ 1 cup
Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon
Sugar; 100 Grams ( You can add more if you like it really sweet) / Under a cup. lets say about 3/4 of a cup
Milk: 2 tablespoons ( If needed)

Pre-Heat the oven to 180 C. No, I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit!  Google it.
In a deep bowl, sift the flour.
Cut the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour with your fingertips
It will become breadcrumb like. Or like Puttu Maavu - For those who know what it is.
Now, add the sugar and vanilla essence and mix well.
Ideally you should get a smooth dough like mix. If its crumbly, add the milk and mix.
Now Roll it out on a dusted surface and cut it with a cookie cutter.
Lay it on a dusted tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
When done, pull it out, allow to cool and store.

No comments:

Post a Comment